Friday, March 4, 2011

Meredith Baxter: I Never Lived a Lie

By Advocate.com Editors

Meredith Baxter appeared on The Joy Behar Show to talk about her book Untied and the two women got to talking about women who come out later in life and if that means they were living a lie when they were with men.

“I can’t speak for anyone else,” Baxter says. “People would say to me, ‘You were living a lie,’ which, truly, I wasn’t. I was so un-self-examined. I was just looking to keep my head above water.”

Baxter says she convinced herself she could get through the abuse she suffered at the hands of her ex-husband David Birney, and when she got married again, she was treated much better, but it still didn’t feel right.

She tells Behar she first got the sense she might be gay when a lesbian who was 25 years her junior moved into her guesthouse and Baxter found herself really interested in her comings and goings.

Watch here.



SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment