Thursday, June 18, 2009

Interview with Vanessa Santiesteban

Greetings Every One!!!!

We thought it would be a nice for our readers get to know some of the volunteer staff for the GLBTQ Centers Organization.

In this Blog you will see my brief email interview I had with Vanessa! Hope you all enjoy!

Kimo: So Vanessa tell me Where did you grow up?

Vanessa: I was born and raised in El Paso, Texas.

Kimo: Why don't you share with our readers what are some of your passions are.

Vanessa: Some of my passions would have to include: volunteering for different organizations that are either in El Paso or Las Cruces area.

Kimo: Very Nice! What are some of your greatest achievements and proud moments?

Vanessa: I guess it would have to be graduating college while going to school and beating cancer. What a fun way to commemorate your college years!!

Kimo: WOW! Congratulations on your victory over cancer that alone is a milestone on its own! How long have you been a member of the GLBTQ community? How did you come in contact with the NMGLBTQ Centers Organization?

Vanessa: I have been married for almost four years and I have a close friend who is gay and I hold true to my heart. I came across GLBTQ community of Las Cruces because of the awareness of Richard and David are creating in Las Cruces and wanted to assist with their cause.

Kimo: Thats Awesome Vanessa the GLBTQ community needs more straight people gettng involved and supporting us. Thank you for all that you do and continue to do. Within the next 5 years what are some things you would like to see happening within the GLBTQ community?

Vanessa: I guess for the GLBTQ community to be a tight knitted family of New Mexico.

Kimo: I think thats a common dream lots of GLBTQ members in New Mexico have. Hopefully the centers will be the starting block in creating that family / community bond. Where do you see the NMGLBTQ organization within the next 5 years? What types of things would you to see happening?

Vanessa: I see the NMGLBTQ organization bringing awareness to the community and gain recognition as an outstanding and modeled organization for GLBTQ organizations across the country.

Kimo: I couldn't have said it better Vanessa! Thank you for taking the time to chat with me via email. I appreciate your time and I hopefully I will get to meet you real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment